Daniel J. Bergeson
John D. Pernick
Bergeson, LLP has successfully represented its international clients in litigation matters before the courts of the United States and in arbitrations before various arbitral tribunals. In the international litigation and arbitration context, Bergeson, LLP’s lawyers have litigated a wide spectrum of disputes, including disputes involving foreign investment, cross-border transactions, defamation, and international contracts.
The law firm’s attorneys have represented clients before several arbitral tribunals, such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), and the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC). These litigation and arbitration matters have often involved the substantive laws of other nations, complex jurisdictional and choice of law issues, enforcement of judgment issues, and understanding the interplay of applicable laws. With experience and knowledge in many venues internationally, Bergeson, LLP attorneys can offer creative legal analysis and solutions as well as vigorously represent clients’ interests when necessary.
Our law firm also regularly represents private and public companies in investigations involving issues under international law and investigative work overseas.
While Bergeson, LLP attorneys have represented clients across the globe, our attorneys also offer a special expertise in representing and counseling clients in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea. In our international practice generally, as well as our Asia practice specifically, our approach is multidisciplinary, dedicated, and efficient.
A sampling of our lawyers’ representative work in Asia includes:
- Representation of a Taiwan-based integrated device manufacturing company in a patent infringement and trade secrets misappropriation litigation in connection with power management IC technology;
- Representation of a Chinese national in a foreign investment dispute before the HKIAC;
- Representation of a Japan-based company in a patent infringement dispute involving synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) and related devices;
- Representation of a Taiwan-based company in a breach of contract dispute;
- Representation of a Korea-based company in a patent infringement dispute involving semi-conductor dynamic random access (DRAM) technology;
- Representation of a Chinese national in a defamation action;
- Representation of a China-based company in a patent infringement dispute involving wireless technology patents;
- Representation of a China-based firm in an action involving alleged breaches of multiple agreements; and
- Representation of a Korea-based company in a patent infringement dispute involving semiconductor dynamic random access (DRAM) technology